Use of Site and Content
National Taxpayers Union does not represent, warrant, guarantee, or endorse the accuracy or reliability of the content of any user posting. You acknowledge and accept that any use or reliance by you upon the information you obtain through any posting on the site is made at your own risk.
National Taxpayers Union and its licensors own all right, title, and interest in and to the site, including without limitation, all content, text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features, and other materials you may view or access on the site. Your use of the site does not grant you ownership in, or rights to any of the foregoing. All trademarks, logos, and other marks on the site are owned by National Taxpayers Union, its affiliates, or their licensors. Unless NTU consents in writing, you do not have any license or authorization to use any of National Taxpayers Union’s intellectual property, including trademarks and website content, by virtue of your use of the site.
For any content that you submit, you expressly grant National Taxpayers Union an irrevocable and perpetual license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, incorporate into other works, distribute, perform, and display such content, in whole or in part in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
If you have a good faith belief that your copyright is being infringed by any content on the site, please send a notice that includes the information listed below (the “Notice of Claimed Infringement”) to:
National Taxpayers Union
address: 25 Massachusetts Ave NW, Suite 140, Washington, DC 20001
phone: (703) 683-5700
email: [email protected]
Notice of Claimed Infringement must include, at a minimum, the following information:
- a physical or electronic signature of the owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- an identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- an identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate such material;
- your contact information;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You may not engage in the harvesting of e-mail addresses or other personal information, or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining lists of users or other information in connection with the site. You will not use the site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the functionality of the site, or interfere with any other individual’s use or enjoyment of the site.
You agree not to submit inappropriate content, including but not limited to anything that:
- infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property
rights of any person, association, business, or other lawful organization
- is obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit
- violates a person’s right to privacy
- violates any law
- advocates illegal or violent acts
- purposefully degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, or disability or other class protected under the law
- is predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass
- contains advertising or solicitation of any kind
- is fraudulent or deceitful regarding who you are or whom you might represent
Service Modification or Termination
Links to Third Party Websites
National Taxpayers Union may provide links on the site to third party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that NTU is not responsible or liable for the availability or accuracy of such third-party websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such third-party websites or resources. You agree that National Taxpayers Union does not endorse, is not responsible for, and does not control those third-party websites, services and software.
THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. NATIONAL TAXPAYERS UNION DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES, AND WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. NATIONAL TAXPAYERS UNION DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE SITE OR SERVER FROM WHICH IT IS PROVIDED ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. NATIONAL TAXPAYERS UNION DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF CONTENT ON THE SITE OR WITH RESPECT TO ITS COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, AVAILABILITY, ADEQUACY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
NATIONAL TAXPAYERS UNION IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUES, BUSINESS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO: (A) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE; (B) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS, DATA OR INFORMATION; OR (C) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AS A RESULT OF BREACH ANY TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT).
The site is operated out of the United States and the site and content thereon are intended for U.S. users, and may not be available to users outside of the United States. National Taxpayers Union makes no representation that materials or information on the site are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States, and access to them from jurisdictions where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access a site outside of the United States do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
Choice of Law
All matters relating to your access to or use of the site shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia without regard to conflicts of laws or choice of law provisions thereof. Sole and exclusive jurisdiction for any action or proceeding arising out of, or related to your access or use of the site shall be in an appropriate state or federal court located in the District of Columbia, and you and National Taxpayers Union unconditionally waive your rights to a jury trial.
Updated May 17, 2017