You are not required to provide any personal information to visit the site. The personal information NTU collects about you is that which you provide if you sign up to receive Stop the Tax Attack’s newsletter. NTU requires your last name, email address, and zip code in order to send you the newsletter. Any other information you provide is voluntary. NTU does not share, sell, trade, disclose, or rent your personal information.
The non-personal information NTU collects does not contain any personal information. NTU collects this non-personal information through the use of a variety of technologies, including, but not limited to, cookies, tags, web beacons, and other tools to help us understand how you use the site, “Cookies” are pieces of code/text that get placed on your computer when you browse the site. They may be placed by us or third party advertisers contracted by us. “Tags” and “web beacons” refer to code scripts that are primarily used to track visitors’ activities on the site.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies from the site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies, or alert you when the site is attempting to send you a cookie. If you choose to decline cookies, some features the site offers may be unavailable to you. At this time, NTU does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, such as “do not track” instructions.
Examples of non-personal information NTU collects include:
- The type of the domain from which you accessed the internet
- The date and time you accessed the site
- The IP address from which you accessed the site
- The type of browser software used to view the site
This information does not contain information about a specific individual. NTU does not track a particular individual’s use of the site. Users remain anonymous unless they specifically provide personal information. NTU uses this information to provide services and improve the site.
Social Networking Sites and Links
If NTU includes links to third party websites on the site, NTU is not responsible for your activities, or the activities of any such third-party websites once you navigate away from the site. Please read the privacy policies of any third-party sites, which govern their use of your information.
Additional Disclosure Policies
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information when we believe disclosure is required to comply with the law, such as in response to a subpoena or court order. In such instance, we may provide you with advance notice at our sole discretion, but nothing obligates us to provide you with such notice.
- Safety. NTU may disclose your information to prevent damage to our property or to protect our safety, or the safety of our users.
- Transfers and Reorganizations. NTU may disclose your information in the context of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of our assets, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
- Service Providers. NTU may disclose your information to third parties who perform services for us.
5. Jurisdictional Issues
The site is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, you use the site at your own risk and you consent to the transfer to and processing of your information in the United States. By using the site, you acknowledge that NTU has no obligation to comply with the data protection laws and other laws of other countries other than the United States.
6. Children’s Personal Information
The site is intended for adult audiences and isn’t intended for minors. NTU does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 18. Please notify us if you believe NTU has collected a minor’s personal information, and steps will be taken to delete it.
7.Privacy Rights in Certain Jurisdictions
Residents of some jurisdictions have the right to request a list of all third parties to whom NTU has disclosed certain personal information during the preceding year for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you reside in such a jurisdiction and wish to obtain such information from us, please send a letter to National Taxpayers Union or email us at [email protected] In all such requests, please use the subject line “Privacy Rights” and include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code.